Welcome to Fmods.net!
Your very first post require a manual authorization, which may take from a little of few hours to a maximum of few days.
Please be patient.
Meanwhile you can fully browse the forum, and you may start by looking at our FAQ page!
Join our Telegram Channel
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I need to register?
- You may not have to, it is up to the administrator of the board as to whether you need to register in order to post messages. However; registration will give you access to additional features not available to guest users such as definable avatar images, private messaging, emailing of fellow users, usergroup subscription, etc. It only takes a few moments to register so it is recommended you do so.
- Why can’t I register?
- It is possible a board administrator has disabled registration to prevent new visitors from signing up. A board administrator could have also banned your IP address or disallowed the username you are attempting to register. Contact a board administrator for assistance.
- I registered but cannot login!
- First, check your username and password. If they are correct, then one of two things may have happened. The board will also require new registrations to be activated, either by yourself or by an administrator before you can logon; this information was present during registration. If you were sent an email, follow the instructions. If you did not receive an email, you may have provided an incorrect email address or the email may have been picked up by a spam filer. If you are sure the email address you provided is correct, try contacting an administrator.
- Why can’t I login?
- There are several reasons why this could occur. First, ensure your username and password are correct. If they are, contact a board administrator to make sure you haven’t been banned. It is also possible the website owner has a configuration error on their end, and they would need to fix it.
- I registered in the past but cannot login any more?!
- It is possible an administrator has deactivated or deleted your account for some reason. Also, many boards periodically remove users who have not posted for a long time to reduce the size of the database. If this has happened, try registering again and being more involved in discussions.
- I’ve lost my password!
- Don’t panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I forgot my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.
However, if you are not able to reset your password, contact a board administrator.
- How do I create a new topic or post a reply?
- To post a new topic in a forum, click "New Topic". To post a reply to a topic, click "Post Reply". Beware that your very first post need to approved by an administrator before it can be visible by the community, and this may take few days.
Apps / Mods / Themes
- Can I uninstall a mod and app or a theme?
- Generally speaking, no. You cannot uninstall a mod, or a theme, unless the developer created an uninstall package (which is not a common thing, due to technical things related patches) Some themes 'may' be replaced with other themes, but that's might not be the case for all.
The only and good way to remove a mod / theme, is update / downgrade the Sync 3 Builds. This will completely wipe out any system modification.
Different thing for the apps, they cannot be uninstalled at the moment, but they will in future.
- Do I have to pay to install or get mods, apps or themes?
- NO! Fmods.net content is and will always be FREE. Donations are welcome anyway :) If you get in touch with any piece of shit that is selling our FREE content, report it to an administrator.
- Is there any kind of support for issues or bugs?
- Generally speaking, no. If you encounter a bug feel free to report it to the developer (via PM or by opening a topic) but keep in mind that noone is doing that for money, and everyone have his own life so do not expect an immediate fix / answer.
- Mod vs. App: What's the difference?
- You can find a detailed topic here
- Are Mods, Themes and Apps lost after an update?
- Yes, all Mods (including the Daemon), Themes and Custom Apps are lost after an update. Jailbreak and Mods Tools ARE NOT LOST, so you do not have to redo the jailbreaking procedure after an update. Just reinstall the Daemon and the Mods, Themes and Apps.
- Is it possible to display CANBUS information on Sync 3?
- Generally speaking no. You cannot. But, by using a custom canbus device and by implementing a smart trick described here it's possible you can display OBD Information.
- How can I Jailbreak my Sync 3?
- You can find a detailed guide here
- What's the jailbreak?
- In general, "jailbreaking" refers to the process of removing restrictions or limitations placed on a device's operating system or software, often to gain more control and customization options. Jailbreaking is typically associated with smartphones, tablets, and other electronic devices, although the term may be used more broadly for other types of hardware or software systems.
This is the first mandatory package that allows Fmods.net content installation
- What's the FMods Installer (Daemon)
- You can see it as the 'installer' of all the custom content that you can find oon Fmods.net. Technically, it's a custom script that once installed in your Sync 3 'silently' runs in background, detecting and allowing custom content installation.
This is the last mandatory package that allows Fmods.net content installation
- What are the FMods Tools (formerly Mods Tools)
- FMods Tools is suite of tools (scripts and binaries) that are used during the process of mods, apps and themes installation. It's a mandatory package that you must install in your Sync 3 in order to being able to install Fmods.net content.
This is the second mandatory package that allows Fmods.net content installation
- Is the Jailbreak lost after an update?
- No, the Jailbreak is not lost after an update. The only way to remove it is reformat the Sync 3.